Fall Harvest Flatbread
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total: 20 mins
- 2 Brown Rice Tortillas, defrosted
- 1 cup Butternut Squash, cooked & mashed (you can also use canned pumpkin or squash)
- 1 Pear, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil
- ¼ cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- fresh Parmesan, shredded (optional)
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard (I used Kozlik's Sweet & Smokey)
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- water to thin
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Lay the tortillas flat on a baking sheet or cutting board. You won't need to bake them on a sheet, so even right on the counter works!
- Spoon the butternut squash onto each tortilla to create a thin layer, using the back of the spoon to spread the mashed squash. This is creating a pseudo sauce and won't change once it goes into the oven, so keep in mind you may not use the full cup based on how thick you'd like the layer to be.
- Next layer the pear on top of the butternut squash in whatever pattern you would like.
- Sprinkle the raw pumpkin seeds on top.
- Add the fresh basil to each tortilla.
- Now to make the balsamic drizzle. Add the mustard, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to a jar or tupperware that seals well. Shake vigorously until combined. It the consistency is too thick, add water using 1 tsp at a time. You want it roughly the consistency of olive oil.
- If you're using cheese, grate it over top of your tortilla. Fresh parmesan really makes this dish shine, but it isn't needed!
- Add both tortillas to the oven, straight to the rack.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes or until your tortilla starts to brown. You can flip the oven over to broil to melt the cheese, if added.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for a couple minutes. Take a pizza cutter or knife and split down the middle and them again to create four slices. Enjoy!