Roasted Tomato, Artichoke and Arugula Crustless Quiche
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 6oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced in half
- 2 cups (packed) arugula
- 16 eggs
- 2 ½ tbsp coconut oil, split into 2 tbsp and ½ (or another cooking oil you have on hand)
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary (or 4 sprigs of fresh)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Warm a small pan over low to medium heat and add ½ tbsp coconut oil. While the oil is warming, move on to step 3.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish with 2 tbsp coconut oil. You can use any other cooking oil, but coconut oil is best to avoid eggs from sticking. You can also use any other size of baking dish and adjust ingredients as needed.
- Once pan is warm and oil is melted, add cherry tomatoes. Heat for 5-10mins, moving the tomatoes around a couple of times. Remove from heat once tomatoes are slightly wilted and squishy to the touch.
- While the tomatoes cook, whisk together the eggs. You can use more or less than 16 eggs; the amount you use will affect the thickness of your finished product.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the greased dish.
- Add in the arugula, using your hands to disperse the arugula evenly.
- Once tomatoes are cooked through, add to the dish spreading evenly.
- Add in halved artichoke hearts.
- Top dish with rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 25-35 minutes, until the centre is set and isn’t jiggly. If you’d like a slight browning on top, turn on the broiler for 2-3 minutes once the eggs have cooked through. This cook time will depend on both your oven and the size of dish you use.
- Serve immediately with your favourite side. Enjoy!
This is a great dish to pre-cook and then simply warm up throughout the week for leftovers.