Rolled Oat & Banana Cookies
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total: 30 mins
Serves: ~ 22 cookies
- 3 cup rolled oats (make these gluten-free if needed)
- 3 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 tbsp maca root
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 4 large bananas
- 1/3 cup raisins (or any other dried fruit, chopped into raisin sized bits)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup mini dairy-free chocolate chips (I love this brand)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl mash all the bananas together until smooth consistency is reached
- In a separate large bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, cacao, maca root & salt
- Add mashed bananas, raisins, vanilla, chocolate chips & shredded coconut. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Scoop out a golf sized amount of batter and with wet hands and form into a small puck-like disc. These won’t rise while baking, so be sure to make the shape you’d like before going into the oven (cookie cutter are a fun idea!).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Allow to cool before moving into a container to store. Eat right away or store in the fridge for up to seven days. These also freeze great (up to four months)!
Maca root was added as a great way to sneak this adaptogen into your diet. This powerful supplement helps our body deal with stress and therefore regulates our hormones. Such a fantastic addition especially for women who struggle with any sort of side-effects from their menstrual cycle. If you don’t have maca root, you don’t need to include it!