Sesame Citrus & Arugula Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
- 2 cups (packed) arugula
- 2 navel oranges
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Divide arugula onto two separate plates.
- Take a small tupperware container or old jam jar that seals well and add both oils to it. Set aside.
- Cut one navel orange in half and juice it. Add the juice to the jar with the oils above. Set aside.
- Cut up the second navel orange into eighths (think kids soccer game at half-time). Separate the flesh of the orange from the skin (I like to do this with a knife, but you can certainly peel it too). Discard the peel.
- Take each piece of flesh and half it (bite size pieces). Add the pieces evenly to each plate.
- Add the cucumber slices to each plate, dispersing evenly.
- Take the jar with oils and orange juice and shake vigorously until dressing is combined.
- Divide dressing evenly to the top of each salad.
- Top salads with sesame seeds, chia seeds, salt & pepper.
This salad is so versatile! If you don’t have oranges, try another citrus or stone fruit. No cucumber? Add shredded carrots or cabbage! Play around with the different options and take advantage of in-season produce.