Tuna & Arugula Uncooked Stuffed Peppers
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
- 1 sweet pepper (red, yellow or orange)
- 1 can of tuna
- ½ - 1 cup arugula
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut your pepper in half lengthwise in order to create two bowl-type sides
- De-seed and remove the stem while keeping as much of the pepper in place as possible. If the pepper won’t lay flat with the “bowl” portion facing up, slice a little off the rounded part on the back of the pepper to help it lay flat.
- Open and drain can of tuna. Remove from the can into a separate bowl.
- Add olive oil to the tuna along with the garlic powder, salt & pepper. Mix until well combined. Add more oil if you have a preferred consistency to your tuna.
- Add some arugula to your pepper and then some tuna. Repeat until each side is filled and your ingredients are used up.
- Served with your favourite side or fresh fruit! Enjoy!
This is my go-to recipe if I have forgotten my lunch or need to buy lunch while I’m at the office. I generally keep garlic powder and olive oil at my desk (for salads and such) and my office keeps salt & pepper available. If your office doesn’t do this, these are such staples to keep at your desk as needed (I bet you’ll find yourself packing your lunches more often rather than dining out).
If you are preparing this at home, there are a number of ways you can have fun with this! You can always mix tuna with avocado and change up the spices. I love dill and garlic as a combo. Another great sub for the olive oil is homemade immersion blender mayo that I discovered over at PaleOMG.com. You can sub the arugula for spinach, kale, swiss chard or a spring mix -- whatever your favourite green is! For a bigger crunch, you can also add celery to your tuna mixture.